Introductory Wisdom School with Cynthia Bourgeault with Cynthia Bourgeault
Cynthia Bourgeault is a long-time student of the Christian contemplative and Wisdom paths and is a core faculty member of the CAC and Living School. Christian Wisdom teachings have been around since the earliest days of Christianity; Cynthia teaches from that ancient perspective in ways that suit today’s world. Arising from an in-person Wisdom School that Cynthia led for 200 students, this online course integrates her teachings and contemplative practice to offer an embodied experience.
Wisdom isn’t something you get from a guru or a reward for performing certain actions. Wisdom is about inner work and transformation. Wisdom isn’t knowing more; it’s knowing more deeply, with more of yourself. Wisdom is caught more than taught. This course explores the Wisdom way of knowing and growing. Cynthia invites us to awaken to our yearning for a different kind of presence and to develop the skills, knowledge, and actions for our own transformation.
No prior experience with Cynthia’s Wisdom Schools is required; however we do recommend some familiarity with Cynthia’s books or talks. This course serves as the prerequisite to any of the advanced Wisdom Schools Cynthia provides.
The course will:
- Cultivate a Wisdom rhythm in your daily life through reflection and engagement with contemplative practices and teachings.
- Expand your awareness of the Christian Wisdom path and its relevance to our realities today.
- Develop contemplative practice(s) to engage and embody these teachings.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward living in a Wisdom way.
Approach: in this unique, 14-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with fellow learners from around the world.
- Participate in a guided study through videos and readings from Cynthia Bourgeault and others.
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the course material.
- Explore new material every week (released Wednesday mornings, US Mountain Time).
- Invest 2-4 hours per week in the reading, online discussion, and personal reflections.
Registration: closes one week before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first. Click here for online registration.
Cost: $195 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.
Date: August 14 – November 19, 2019
In support of this course, Northeast Wisdom will post study groups on our Practice Circles page. There, participants will be able to find groups that are gathering together for the course. If you already have a group, please let us know by submitting your Practice Circle information using the form on that page. Thank you!
Please note: CAC did not implement group pricing this time around, and in lieu of that are asking groups to have a number equal to 25 percent of the students in the group register for the course.
CAC will have group pricing in place for the 2020 dates listed below.
March 4 – June 9, 2020
August 12 – November 17, 2020
March 3 – June 8, 2021
August 11 – November 16, 2021
March 2 – June 7, 2022
August 10 – November 15, 2022